Monday, September 07, 2015

Recent Campfires, and other secrets

I can remember reading "We feel so fortunate to have found each other, singing together brings us closer and creates a bond with our audience. They hear the love." And,  I can't believe I am going to tell you that it was an honour to hang around at a campfire with Chris & Lauren (The Butcher's Wife). With, Aimee -- in the mood to make music right away too ha.  And what about this sweet new jam buddy too!  I led Miss Ohio on uke and Make Me Down a Pallet on guitar.  And mostly tried to be on rhythm, wearing ukulele. What tunes of Aimee's did we do?

It was such a gentle, listening campfire, with such fine, fine musicianship.  And, instrumentation!  Such really great playing.  And such satisfying singing!!! I was also completely enamoured the second night, by Darlenia (sp) with that drum around her waste and the awesome instinctive singalong that went on and on and on...

Suffice to say it was the best Summer Folk ever!!!  Next year I want to bring the Flowered Dresses tune on uke, Not Going Down That Way on guitar and Orphan Girl on mando.  And, to camp an extra night.  Can't wait!


Greenbelt Harvest Picnic



I should also mention that The Greenbelt Harvest Picnic was a true festival.  I watched Martha Wainwright, Lindy, and Terra Lightfoot in trade for missing the Kathleen Edwards set, by babysitting the clothing shop, although I did run over right at the end to see which bass John was playing.  

And then, look who stopped in to shop!

No comments: