Sunday, September 18, 2011

September SAC Songwriting Workshop - Guelph!

Feature Performer Setlist
Common Ground

The Story of You + Me
A Different Kind of Misery
Amber
(there's video of the next tune intro)
In The Middle
SoulMate #2
Glimpse
Send Me Music
Not Nov
(music stand story)
Stop Thinking
Til You're Not


General Meeting Notes


# of new names on the SAC Guelph Regional Writers Group Mailing List: 0
Items Completed from Intended agenda: 0

# of SAC members present: 4? 2 Guelph 2 London
# of attendees: 7, 1 from jam school, 0 from SNAP listing
1 concert uke, 1 baritone uke, 4 acoustic guitars, seven voices.



Acoustic Song Circle Set List

Paul,
Walking In The Rain, Swimming in The Dark
...Walking In The Rain, Swimming in The Dark...

Peter, Be My Queen
D     Dmaj6     D6
"Your hand in mine is what I dream
No obstacle can come between
I'll be your king please be my queen
Be my queen be my queen be my queen..."



Gerry, Little Wonder Why
"...And it makes me cry 
Little wonder why
the love I have for you
Will never die..."

Bonnie, Mamma Can You Hear Me?
"...Mamma can you see me? I can see you don't
Mamma can you hear me? I don't think you can
'cause I've been trying to talk to you
Since my life began..."

Jay, Different Worlds
"...You say I believe I say I believe
But we come from different worlds
In your mind you see streets of gold
In mine, I see the pearls..."

"I was hardcore today, suggesting folks rewrite lyrics so as to have more lines that better describe the scene: touch, smell, sound, taste, colour, props (such as painting on the wall or furniture), and locations. And no, I didn't play. I think at least half the work of improving songwriting is listening, ha." -- Kim L

also note: audio & video were collected at the meeting and we welcome volunteer editors, especially for segments intended for CFRU documentary.


1 comment:

Jerry D. said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Sri I couldn't be there.