Monday, September 28, 2015

2015 Culture Days Uke Club Jam

Did we manage to get you one of the Culture Days booklets that listed our event as an invite? I loved the picture of Cynthia playing uke in it! I also loved her shout out to the gathering on Facebook, "So whether you pick up a uke and head out to my friend Kim Logue Like-Vogue's warm and gentle uke jam, or try out some dance moves, take in an art installation, concert or reading, get out and experience what your community has in store this weekend!" 

And I really enjoyed rewatching her "Ukulele, pass it on" talk before I headed out... I wished it was published somewhere.  Or made available as audio with musical accompaniment!!

Yes, we had extra ukes and a binder of paperwork. And, I think its safe to say we now 8 regulars and have at least one new recruit for next week...



Setlist:
All Men Are Liars, if warm-up
A Summer Song, Steve
The Lion Sleeps Tonite (signature "greeting"/farewell song practice lol... while closing out the festival ha)
All I Need Is You
Da do Run Run
Into the Mystic
500 Miles
Margaretaville
Across The Universe
Runaway
Me & Julio
Don't Worry Be Happy
Make Down a Pallet (guitar)
Yellow Submarine
Journey Through The Past
Fly Me To The Moon
Dream A Little Dream
What Colour Are You
With A Little Help From My Friends
Ring of Fire (**)
The Lion Sleeps Tonite

I'm not attending next week, we're all sort of iffy for Thanksgiving Sunday. I'm away the 17th, want to promote an alternate event for Oct 25th, and then its Hallowe'en! So uke-tober looks a bit sketchy for regular meeting attendance, yikes.

No comments: