Thursday, April 09, 2015

Notes from LMU 2015

I love that every March, Long & McQuade stores present free clinics to customers!  This year, it was wonderful to be able to attend most of a Jeff Bird Mandolin clinic as part of my time at work.  I especially liked how he answered the question about the mandolin as an instrument meant to carry the melody, because he showed us how powerful it can be if used just to strum, and treated more like a rhythm instrument...


When Jacob Moon was preparing to perform in the store for his looping clinic, he said it would be great if someone gregarious like me did a little introduction.  I was glad he accepted the offer an herbal tea in the staff kitchen as we discussed lots of things, including how long the clinic should run...  I remember telling him that I like to have everyone in my department (teachers/students) out of the store promptly at store closing at 9.  Did you see the photo I posted on twitter during his sound check?  His session was quite informative, in terms of all the gear he uses but I think my favourite part was when said through the PA that the presentation was wrapping up on time, because "these people have lives!" ha.


No comments: