Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Continuing Musical Studies?


I hope no one but me remembers the recital moment where I said, from the pews of our beautiful venue, into/after a very long awkward set up pause, "if either of you need to TUNE now, we will KILL you, ha."  Was it the same day that it was nice to chat to a friend/customer about how i have been intimate with his guitar, a COUPLE of ways? ha.

Did I already mention that Christmas around the shop was fun, as always.  This year, I had a moment playing guitar, with the guitar tech sitting in the acoustic room and drumming on his lap, and saying I had a beautiful voice - at the end of Christians and Pagens, by Dar Williams.  I love that song!  When I played Santa Baby on the uke, outside near the tree, he played harmonica and the trumpet player ran to grab a bass, lol.  When I got home, I liked watching Elf, a movie where the main character falls for the girl with the beautiful voice, ha.

In other recent town happenings, it was fun hanging out with the performer's mom -- "so what you don't have any money.  you can still have a good life!"

As for the one on one pre-jam and campfire -- even if a weird thing to say, i thought my voice sounded really cool in that low octave... it was easy to not oversing, even if sometimes I got my note, sometimes I didn't, ha.

No comments: