Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Festival Notes 2014



Eaglewood Folk Festival
I laughed so much during Wendell Ferguson's set, my face hurt.  And, Arthur Renwick commented from stage beside the pony rides, that 1994 is not even 20 years old yet!  I took it as a sign that he wanted me to stop by his open stage to play my first music teacher's original tune I'd once mentioned to him.  But, when I asked my fellow open jammers at the time, original or cover? they said original, so I played The World Just Keeps on Turning.  

At Ian's song circle, he congratulated me for taking a turn, by splaining he'd first heard me do this tune at Molly Bloom's, with Rob Kerr providing the guitar, and he'd swooned.  How romantic is that?  While I'd been trying it out there with uke gals, I'd been trying to remember how my friend Tony always exclaims after I try it, "That song is a    h i t !" ha.

i was so totally satiated by playing that, and a guitar cover, followed by a celebratory beer, I am surprised I even made it to the other performance option of the festival.

At Shelter Valley, BTW, during David Newland's uke workshop, I am sorry to say that I packed up my uke, and walked up the mountain with my raincoat on.  Too much talk, or just the weather?

I was singing with my friend Aimee, and some lady told ME, I have a lovely voice.  ha.  singing with Aimee is liberating, yes. and we have shared many an environment where sometimes there is good music and sometimes there is just the liberating vibe of being able to try any crap lol.

Wasn't it sweet when Susan from Accessibility Matters said you can hear my gift with kids on the radio show?  

No comments: