Tuesday, August 11, 2015

15th Annual Speedvale Ave BBQ

This  photo was taken at a friendly, informal, community event that included music...  I'd mentioned the BBQ on the air during my radio show earlier in the day.

The New Horizons Band Guelph green band members held a public practice of 3 numbers from our Essential Elements books - Lightly Row, Frere Jacques as a round and Aura Lee with a melody and harmony part.  I played trombone with a larger, so-far-loaner mouthpiece that seemed to help, and yes, I remembered to smile.

The Jazz Ensemble Members performed after the Sax Ensemble, with three other tunes - The Preacher, A Foggy Day, and Basin St. Blues.  My "participation" on guitar has created some interest from others in offering guitar to the NHB groups...

I managed to hand out at least three handbills for the upcoming Instrument Exploration Workshop, and one or two cards for NHB to interested potential members, including to one French Horn owner!

Next year I've promised the event organizer to bring some ukes!!

No comments: