Sunday, August 03, 2014

Summer 2014 Uke Club Meetings, Sundays at PennyWhistle 7-9pm

Working Man
Book of Love
Best Day of My Life
Yellow Bird
I'll Fly Away
I Will
Stand By Me
That's The Glory of Love
Tiny Bubbles
Spiderman
Lion Sleeps Tonite
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Mr. Bojangles
What Colour R U
You, Me & Mexico
Boots
Bye Bye Love
The End of The Line

I think we were 9 participants at the uke circle/jam on July 13, 2014.  Here's what we played:
- Stand By Me
- Will The Circle
- Paradise
- Dear Abbey (no paperwork, Jude will email out)
- Brown Eyed Girl x2 with more sha la la's
- It's A Heartache
- Ruby Tuesday
- Down By The Bay
- Don't Worry
- Raindrops Keep Falling
- Lace & Pretty Flowers
- Me & Julio
- Lay Down Sally
- The End of The Line

We had a fun time last night! I think you'll like meeting at the Penny Whistle. We even got some applause! I wanted to pass along the song list, it's not in order because I wrote it on a small piece of paper…

- You Ain't Going Nowhere
- Brown Eyed Girl
- Wagon Wheel
- End of the Line
- You Can't Always Get What You Want
- What Colour Are You
- Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Moody River
- Paradise
- Three Little Birds
- Lace & Pretty Flowers
- Wake Up Little Susie
- Five Foot Two (Eyes of Blue)
- These Boots Were Made for Walking
- Tennessee Waltz
Both Steve and Jim also performed a song each, but I didn't get the names…


No comments: