Wednesday, September 06, 2006

the word of the day was presented by a wonderful role model in our club. i was sitting there kicking myself for not using it in my evaluation like i meant to, while she said the club had used it 14 times today...

she added that the language enricher trophy went to the person who used the word skillfully in her table topics 4x and it was me. lucky break eh?

the theme was fresh outlook and the word of the day was perspective.

my table topic word draw from the envelope was wildlife, and was i ever glad: i easily spoke to amber about how i have been getting all these wildlife documentaries out of the libraries and i've seen the one on dinasours and the one on the rain forest and so many others and it has been really pleasant for me. constructive for my perspective you might say because i was really down before about the state of humankind with all our war and our pollution and everything but that this all this watching had helped me to see us as part of a bigger picture. helped me to get comfortable with the fact that maybe we are gonna be extinct or maybe we're not, but right now we are all just part of nature... and how somehow thinking about things like that has cheered me up, changed my perspective.

No comments: